"Welcoming, charitable, and empowered
to live the Gospel"
Our Mother of Good Counsel,
located in Bryn Mawr, PA,
just 20 minutes west of Philadelphia,
Our Lenten Journey
This week I began my sixth year as Pastor. Time really does fly! One of the things that has most impressed me here at Good Counsel is your strong desire to have a meaningful Lenten journey. Lent is the 40-day period of preparation for the celebration of our central belief - the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. There are many ways to have a good Lent. I want to highlight a few aides that are available right here at the parish.
- Last weekend we distributed Matthew Kelly’s book, Rediscover Jesus. Kelly invites us to have our “best Lent ever.” There are copies of the book available on the tables in the back of the church.
- Catholic Relief Service’s annual Rice Bowl. There are Rice Bowls available at the doors of the church.
- The 4th annual Lenten Series sponsored by the Spirituality Committee. One series will consider Mercy and the other the Gospels. There are details in the Bulletin and on the website.
- Most of the year there is no collection at daily Mass. But during Lent a collection is taken up every day. That collection is used exclusively to assist the poor. None of the daily Lenten collection goes to the operating budget of the church.
- The Word Among Us is a booklet with daily reflections on the Readings of the day. The Word Among Us is available at the doors of the church and in the Parish Office.
I hope that one or more of these are helpful in your Lenten journey. I promise my prayers that you have a good Lent and I ask you to pray the same for me.
Vision Survey Results
Read the results of our Vision Survey.
Morning Prayer at OMGC
Here at Our Mother of Good Counsel, each Monday through Saturday morning, we celebrate Morning Prayer in common following the 8:00am Mass. Everyone is invited (around 8:30am) to join us in the daily chapel for this beautiful way to begin the day!
Please do not bring food that contains peanuts, nuts, peanut products or nut products inside the church. Someone sitting near you may have a serious allergy. Thank you for honoring this request.
Is your contact information registered with OMGC?
Do we have your correct email address?. You could be missing out on important parish announcements. You can register or update your family’s email address, cell phone numbers, street address and other contact information by completing this online form.